FPV FLIGHT DYNAMICS
Mastering Acro Mode on High-Performance Drones
Greetings, pilot. Do you seek the keys to unlocking the third dimension? Then enter FPV Flight Dynamics, the in-depth handbook designed to catapult Rookies and Intermediates into the Advanced levels and beyond.
Whether you’re new to UAVs, a camera drone operator looking to dive into Acro, or an experienced miniquad ripper stuck in FPV purgatory, this guide will arm you with the skills and knowledge that you’ll need to break through plateaus and master your instrument.
This visual manual spans 30 chapters and features over 220 full-color illustrations, including stick schematics, 3D diagrams, photos, and infographics. You’ll be presented with actionable strategies that can be employed immediately to make the greatest leaps in skill level with the least amount of time, money, and frustration possible.
Master all three of FPV’s disciplines (racing, freestyle, and professional cinematic) by learning what to practice, how to practice it, and, most importantly, in which order! This book offers detailed analyses on more than 50 unique tricks, maneuvers, and flight techniques, including:
31 FUNDAMENTAL MANEUVERS
Static Climbs and Drops, medial and lateral Dynamic Climbs, ascending Half-Loops, Convex Climbs, Pullbacks, Parachutes, Diving Helixes, Two-Dimensional Sweeping Turns (2D Sweeps), S-Turns, 180° Hairpin Turns, 3D Sweeps, Coils, Rippled Turns, Elliptical Orbits, Textbook Power Loops, Parachuting Power Loops, Aerial Corkscrews, Barrel Rolls, Stunted Barrel Rolls, Aileron Rolls, the Textbook Split-S, Vaulting Split-S, and Sliding Split-S, Level Orbits, Knife-Edge Orbits, Immelmann Turns, Half Cuban Eights, High Jumps, and Hammer Throws
19 FREESTYLE TRICKS
Frontflips, Backflips, Level Yaw Spins, Snap Rolls, Wallkicks, Kamikazes, Juicy Flicks, Vanny Rolls, Proxy Knockbacks and Slingshots, Rewinds, Wall Rides, Stall-Slide Corkscrews, Rubik’s Cubes, Inverted Yaw Spins, Mattyflips, Trebuchets, Inverted Orbits (aka Cyclones/Trippy Spins), Keeling Turns, and Windmills
Learn how to:
- Manipulate your quadcopter’s speed and momentum with techniques like Sprints, Coasts, Stalls, Short-Rooks and Full-Rooks, Rook-n-Rolls, and Blips
- Negotiate advanced racing complexes like Chicanes/Slaloms, Gated Corkscrews, and coiled obstacles like Ladders
- Manage your LiPo batteries, including charging, discharging, and storage strategies
- Dissect your quadcopter, and understand each of its components, their technical specifications, and how they’re all related and interact with one another
- Chase mobile subjects like drift cars and downhill skiers with advanced cinematic shot-framing techniques, like Sidewinding Sweeps via the quadcopter’s secondary flight stance, the Outside Stance
- Prioritize visual references in your field of view, so you always know what to be looking at and when
This is THE definitive guide to FPV, and a must-read for newcomers and pros alike! Pick up a copy today and take your skills to the next level!
About the Author:
Christian is an FAA Part 107 licensed UAV pilot with more than five years of experience building, designing, and flying high-performance FPV multirotor drones. He operates under the pilot handle "Vespula" and may be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: FPV Flight Dynamics
Subtitle: Mastering Acro Mode on High-Performance Drones
Byline: Written and Illustrated by Christian M. Mollica
Publisher and Copyright Holder: Vespula Ventures LLC
Dimensions: 8.5” x 11” x 0.75”
Perfect-bound paperback book
280 pages with full-color interior
Made in USA with Highest-Quality Materials and Professional Digital Printing:
Cover: 130 lb. gloss-laminated cardstock
Pages: 100 lb. gloss-text paper