To many pilots, the Foxeer Predator is the perfect FPV camera. It has a CMOS sensor, which means high resolution and good dynamic range, but it’s been tuned to avoid the digital artifacts and over-sharpening of some other CMOS cameras.
The Predator V3 is the first Predator camera that Rotor Riot pilots felt was good enough to put our name on. The Predator V3 finally fixes the “blue color cast” problem. It’s also got switchable 4:3 and 16:9 output, so it can be used with any goggle without stretching.
Of course, we haven’t simply slapped our logo on it. JB and Ummagawd spent a few weeks flying and tweaking the settings on the camera to make it our own. We felt that the default settings were a little too contrasty and lost shadow detail. In addition, we reduced sharpening a bit to make the image look even more natural.
- Custom Rotor Riot tuned image settings for improved shadow detail and more natural image.
- Input Voltage: 5-40 volts
- Resolution: 1000 tvl
- PAL / NTSC switchable
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 / 16:9 switchable
- Separate OSD plug for easy connection to Betaflight CAM_C function or external joystick
- Super WDR (Wide Dynamic Range)
- “Blue color” issue from previous Predator cameras fixed
- Image Flip: Horizontal and Vertical capable